Cas Communications Guidelines and References
---------------------------------------Cascade Web Development references
* Cascade Web Development references
* Arts and Sciences Event Calendar
* Video Production
* College & Department Wordmarks and Graphics
* Images of College Faculty and Staff
- **New** Responsive Interdisciplinary Pages
- Creating Responsive Faculty Profile Pages
- Research Labs, Responsive format
- Image Editing within Cascade
- Responsive Site general guide
- Uploading and Modifying Documents
- Uploads in one step
for Cascade accounts and questions, email Lauri Francis email@example.comBACK TO TOP
Arts and Sciences Event Calendar
The College of Arts and Sciences has a special event calendar that uploads to both our event listing and the SU News events calendar. Departments or programs can have their events filtered directly from the Arts and Sciences events calendar to their web page. If you have an AS calendar account already, you should start at this LINK to enter events (click UPDATE at top right and log in). If you need an account, email Lauri Francis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosting a video for inclusion in social media, websites or for use in a class:
There are two internal hosting possibilities for video. Our College YouTube channel is best for promotional videos. The academic streaming server ensemble.syr.edu can host videos that are used in classrooms, blackboard or need to be password protected. Most common file formats for video are mp4/m4v and quicktime (mov). Depending on your project, members of the College Communications team or Information Technology and Services (ITS) may be able to assist you.
Video production:The College produces short videos to promote its academic units. These projects are scheduled well in advance and should be coordinated through Communications Director Sarah Scalese.
Technical Assistance with Video Production:
If your project involves a guest speaker or lecturer, you can utilize the services provided by: Learning Environments and Media Production. This unit maintains professional quality recording and editing equipment and is fee-based. If you are a faculty member desiring to self-record a lecture to your class, contact the College's computing group by emailing email@example.com.
- Make sure your speaker has given permission in writing to place the videotape of the event online. Permission to tape does not explicitly include permisison for online. Verbal agreements are not binding.
Video production and Accessibility:
Videos that will be posted online to the public need captioning to be accessible. The College Communications team has made it a practice to caption all videos it produces. All Arts and sciences units should follow these practices.
- When arranging for an event to be videotaped, arrange for a transcript of the speaker's talk if possible.
- Transcribing and Captioning are separate steps. Captioning is much less expensive if you have a transcript. Departments need to incorporate the cost of captioning into their budgets if they want to put videos online.
- Syracuse University has access to a fee based service for captioning videos at reduced fees.
College & Department Wordmarks and Graphics
For wordmarks suitable for print or online use, contact Sarah ScaleseBACK TO TOP
Images of College Faculty and Staff
For images suitable for print or online use, contact Sandy Slink